- Everything’s Changed: What Do We Do Now? – recorded May 27, 2020
- Comprendre les bases de la médiation en ligne : Introduction à l’utilisation de Zoom et conseils pratiques – recorded April 15, 2020
- Gaining Proficiency and Understanding ODR using Zoom – recorded April 8, 2020
- Options for Online Dispute Resolution: An Introduction to Using Zoom – recorded March 23, 2020
- Workplace Claims and Solutions – recorded June 13, 2019
- juin 10, 2020, 11:00 am: ADRIC FREE Cross-Country Connectivity Webinar - You Can’t Un-ring the Bell: Lessons Learned
- juin 17, 2020, 1:00 pm: ADRIC FREE Webinar - Mental Health in the Age of Dramatic Change and Uncertainty
- septembre 23, 2020, 2:00 pm: CanArbWeek 2020
- octobre 21, 2020, All Day: ADRIC 2020: Clarity in Conflict Resolution
Évènements en juin 2020
- 2020 Construction Dispute Symposium - Collaborative & Adversarial Approaches - POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
2020 Construction Dispute Symposium - Collaborative & Adversarial Approaches - POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICEToronto
This Symposium will explore global trends including historical, current and emerging approaches to dispute resolution. Presenters include leading practitioners in construction practice, construction law and dispute resolution. These thought leaders will engage in knowledge share, including practices and emerging trnds in the field of construction law and dispute resolution.
ADRIC members receive RICS member pricing on registration! Simply select the “member price” during the purchase process.
- ADRIC FREE Cross-Country Connectivity Webinar - You Can’t Un-ring the Bell: Lessons Learned
ADRIC FREE Cross-Country Connectivity Webinar - You Can’t Un-ring the Bell: Lessons Learned
You Can’t Un-ring the Bell*: Lessons Learned
Advance registration required no later than Monday June 8 at 11:59pm ET.
Registered participants will be sent an email with the ZOOM link the day prior to the webinar. Please be sure to check your spam folder before contacting us.
Non-Members: $35 plus applicable taxes
Join Anne Gottlieb, ADRIO representative to the ADRIC Board and
Josie Parisi, ADRIC Director & Treasurer
Topics to be covered include:
- Client Driven Focus
- Conflicts Can Intensify During Times of Stress
- The Unknown Often Drives Decisions
- Embrace the Technology
- Digital Strategy
- Keep Emergency Reserves
- Business Concentration Risk
- Importance of Cash Flows
Professional Development Accreditation:
Earn 3 CEE points for ADRIC designation holders
*In law, unring the bell is an analogy used to suggest the difficulty of forgetting information once it is known. When discussing jury trials, the phrase is sometimes used to describe the judge's instructions to the jury to ignore inadmissible evidence or statements they have heard. It may also be used if inadmissible evidence has been brought before a jury and the judge subsequently declares a mistrial. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unring_the_bell
- ADRIC FREE Webinar - Mental Health in the Age of Dramatic Change and Uncertainty
ADRIC FREE Webinar - Mental Health in the Age of Dramatic Change and Uncertainty
June 17, 2020 - 1:00-2:30pm Eastern Time
Are you, your clients and your employees maintaining good mental health and wellness during the pandemic?
Understandably, many of us are struggling with stress and anxiety right now. To help you and your teams feel and function at your best, please join us on June 17, 2020 1:00-2:30 PM ET for an interactive webinar with Dr. Jennifer Laffier (Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education, Ontario Tech University) and Michael Herman (Partner and General Counsel, Gowling WLG Canada).
Our speakers will provide key information and practical tips on what individuals can do to take care of themselves – and the tangible actions individuals and leaders can take to support themselves and their staff as we all work toward a collective recovery:
- Laffier will share her perspective on dealing with uncertainty, stress and isolation, as well as how to achieve and maintain prolonged wellness during the pandemic.
- Michael will share his personal experience with depression and the lessons he learned as it relates to his working life.
We hope you will attend our webinar to discuss how we can support one another and develop effective coping strategies as we navigate this extraordinary time together. Register now to reserve your spot (registration is free).
Partner & General Counsel
With more than 35 years of experience, Michael Herman is General Counsel of Gowling WLG Canada and is highly regarded as a strategic adviser to a broad range of clients, with a particular focus on entrepreneurial, privately held companies, mid-market private equity funds and investment institutions. He is also a strong advocate for mental health in the legal community. Through his ongoing work to raise awareness and eliminate stigma, he hopes to make it easier for anyone experiencing mental illness to come forward and seek help without fear of judgment.
DR. JENNIFER LAFFIER
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education, Ontario Tech University
Dr. Jennifer Laffier is a licensed therapist, Assistant Professor, and Director of the Mental Health in the Digital Age Lab at Ontario Tech University. She researches in the area of mental health and trauma, and resiliency. Her lab focuses on how technology is impacting our mental health and ways we can improve our mental health in this digital age.
Presented in partnership with Gowling WLG
With more than 1,400 legal professionals and a presence in Canada, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America, Gowling WLG provides its clients with in-depth expertise in key global sectors and a suite of legal services at home and abroad. Gowling WLG sees the world from the perspective of its clients, and collaborates across countries, offices, service areas and sectors to help them succeed – no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG is a Corporate Member of ADRIC.