ADRSK - National Introductory Mediation
May 14, 2018All Day
This is a comprehensive, 40 hour program which aims to prepare learners to effectively facilitate the Understanding-Based Approach to resolving disputes.
The course has been approved for Continuing Professional Development credits by the Law Society of Saskatchewan for 40.0 CPD hours, and is eligible for 40 CHRP Recertification Hours from the Saskatchewan Association of Human Resource Professionals. Also, earn 50 CEE points from ADR Institute of Canada for C.Meds and Q.Meds.
Taught by nationally approved Chartered Mediators of the Institute, along with a team of Coaches who are either Chartered or Qualified Mediators, this course will be of interest to anyone learning mediation skills to either enhance their conflict resolution skills, or pursue a career as a mediator.
• Develop a clear understanding of their own perceptions, biases, and attitudes and how they impact others in conflict resolution.
• Learn the dynamics of conflict and the challenges of entering into negotiations.
• Learn tools for active listening, effective communicating, and managing power imbalance and heightened emotion in individuals in conflict.
• Learn the six phases of the Understanding-Based Approach to assist parties reach creative, mutually satisfactory resolutions.
• Participate in role plays to practice new conflict resolution skills and techniques.
For a complete listing of affiliate events please visit the relevant website:
BC – ADR Institute of British Columbia – http://www.adrbc.com
AB – ADR Institute of Alberta – www.adralberta.com
SK – ADR Institute of Saskatchewan Inc. – www.adrsaskatchewan.ca
MB – ADR Institute of Manitoba Inc. – www.adrmanitoba.ca
ON – ADR Institute of Ontario, Inc. – www.adr-ontario.ca
QC – Institut de médiation d’arbitrage du Québec – www.imaq.org
Atlantic Provinces- ADR Atlantic Institute – www.adratlantic.ca