ADRSK - National Introductory Arbitration PART 1
October 23, 2018All Day
We offer the ADR Institute of Canada National Introductory Arbitration Training Course. This is a two part course.
This comprehensive, 40 hour program includes: An introduction to the arbitration process and its various applications; How to conduct an arbitration hearing; and How to write an arbitration award.
Approved by the Law Society of Saskatchewan for 38.00 CPD Hours (including 3.0 hours Ethics). Earn 50 CEE points from ADR Institute of Canada for C.Meds and Q.Meds.
Once successfully completed, this course fulfills the educational requirements for ADR Institute of Canada's national designations of Qualified Arbitrator (Q.Arb) and Chartered Arbitrator (C.Arb).
• Become familiar with arbitration as a process.
• Compare arbitration, mediation, negotiation and litigation and understand their differences.
• Become aware of the various applications for arbitration.
• Become fluent in the arbitration act in your jurisdiction.
• Know the key objectives of arbitration.
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the arbitrator.
• Learn the stages of an arbitration file.
• Learn about running a fair arbitration hearing.
• Understand the concept of evidence in arbitration hearings.
• Understand the role of contract law in arbitration.
• Be introduced to the modern method of interpretation of contracts and legislation.
• Learn about good decision making and gain practice in decision making as the arbitrator.
• Learn about good decision writing and gain practice in writing awards.
• Gain practice in dealing with ethical dilemmas.
For a complete listing of affiliate events please visit the relevant website:
BC – ADR Institute of British Columbia – http://www.adrbc.com
AB – ADR Institute of Alberta – www.adralberta.com
SK – ADR Institute of Saskatchewan Inc. – www.adrsaskatchewan.ca
MB – ADR Institute of Manitoba Inc. – www.adrmanitoba.ca
ON – ADR Institute of Ontario, Inc. – www.adr-ontario.ca
QC – Institut de médiation d’arbitrage du Québec – www.imaq.org
Atlantic Provinces- ADR Atlantic Institute – www.adratlantic.ca