Invitation to Apply for the Mediation Roster
The ADR Institute of Canada (“ADRIC”) will, on behalf of the NEB, be creating a nation-wide roster of qualified and experienced mediators who have relevant training and experience in resolving disputes related to infrastructure development. Applicants will be selected based on
- experience and skill as a mediator / facilitator;
- experience and understanding of issues that emerge within the context of energy infrastructure development (e.g. routing, environmental and agricultural impacts, community or indigenous interests, safety, etc.);
- geographical considerations as detailed in the application. (Where there are an insufficient number of mediators in a region, applicants from another region may be considered, so please indicate a willingness to work in areas outside your province of residence in your application.);
- capacity to deliver services in English and/or French, as required (and/or agreement to travel to specific regions, if fluently bilingual);
- completeness of ADR CONNECT profile.
Roster selection will take place as soon as possible. It will be a condition of acceptance that mediators shall:
- Be or become a member via one of ADRIC’s affiliates;
- Demonstrate competence and experience in mediation ideally dealing with land related disputes and the energy sector;
- State the expected hourly/daily rate range for their services (rates may be published on roster website), and expected travel rate, if any;
- State errors and omissions insurance coverage, if any;
- Agree to conduct mediations in accordance with the ADR Institute of Canada National Mediation Rules and in compliance with the Code of Ethics and the Code of Conduct for Mediators of the ADR Institute of Canada;
- Agree in writing to indemnify ADRIC from any and all claims made against ADRIC arising from the conduct of the mediation;
- Acknowledge that ADRIC is in no way responsible for any fees, expenses or outstanding payments, all of which shall be billed by the mediator to the parties.
If you wish to be considered for the roster, please complete the application form, along with the signed agreement and proof of insurance and return.
Non-members welcome to apply (but must become members if accepted).
If you know of others who may be interested to apply to this roster, please share this link: http://adric.ca/neb-roster-call/.
NO LATER THAN:
June 24, 2016