Important Announcement for ADRIC Designation Holders re CEE Program
to Chartered and Qualified
ARBITRATORS and MEDIATORS
Changes to the Continuing Education and Engagement (CEE) Program for 2021
Since 2009, Chartered and Qualified Mediators have been required to submit a report with an administrative fee of $99 every three years, indicating they have achieved the requisite number of CEE points to maintain their designated status.
New, beginning January 1, 2021:
1. NEW CEE Program for Designated Arbitrators: Designated ARBITRATORS (Chartered Arbitrators, Qualified Arbitrators and Chartered Med-Arbitrators) will be required to collect points and submit regular CEE reports. This will increase the value of the designations in the eyes of ADR consumers as it will indicate the ongoing professional standards associated with continued learning.
2. Simpler point system: for those holding two designations (mediation and arbitration), we have revised the CEE points chart and combined the total number of points required for easy reporting. We will share the revised chart and instructions before year end.
3. Those with two designations: There will be no additional reporting fee for those with two designations who already submit a CEE report for their mediation designation.
4. Fees: Fees are NOT being increased, but rather spread out over the three year reporting period. The $99 administrative fee (previously submitted with CEE report every three years) will instead be incorporated into the annual designation renewal fee as $33 per year.
|2020 designation renewal fee
(without CEE filing fee)
|2021 designation renewal fee
(including CEE filing fee)
|C.Med Annual Renewal||198.00||231.00|
|C.Arb and C.Med Annual Renewal||260.00||293.00|
|C.Med-Arb, C.Arb and C.Med Renewal||275.00||308.00|
|Q.Med Annual Renewal||99.00||132.00|
|C.Arb and Q.Med Annual Renewal||225.00||258.00|
|C.Med and Q.Arb Annual Renewal||225.00||258.00|
|Q.Arb and Q.Med Annual Renewal||150.00||183.00|
There will be no separate fee when submitting reports (except during the transition period, as noted at the end of this message).
- Annual reporting:the new default report submission period will be annual, making reporting more convenient. In cases where attendance of events and continued learning may be challenging (such as during maternity/paternity leave, grave illness, etc.) designated members may request to submit their reports every third year in which case we will provide a form to be completed.6. Points: For members who remit annually, the number of points to acquire and remit is: 20 points for Qualified designation holders, and 33 points for Chartered designation holders. (For those who need to remit on the 3rd year, required points remain as 60 points for Qualified designation holders, and 100 points for Chartered designation holders over the 3 year period.)
- Due dates:will be harmonized; we will share more information about the reporting process soon, but in the meantime, reports for members who have received a first new designation in 2020, will be due January 1, 2022. Reports for those receiving a new first designation any time nextyear (2021), will be due January 1, 2023.
- Submitting CEE reports:We are prioritising the development of a simpler points tracking system (ideally online and real-time) and hope to launch soonest. We will provide more information soon.Note: Some designated mediators are due to submit their reports in 2020, 2021 or 2022 and we will need to “catch them up” to the new system. This is how that will be handled for those due in:
- 2020 – submit the report with the usual $99 fee. The future report fees will be incorporated into the annual designation renewal fee as $33/ year and CEE report can be submitted according to the new system going forward.
- 2021 – submit the report with a $66 fee, as we will have collected $33 with the 2021 annual designation renewal fee.
- 2022 – submit the report with a $33 fee, as we will have collected $66 with the 2021 and 2022 annual designation renewal fees.
It is an enormous undertaking to change the CEE system and we ask for your patience as we work through all the fine points. We will have more detailed information for you in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!