ADRIC 2021: Culture, Conflict and Confluence – A Webinar Series
Diversity & Inclusion Series
The Problem with Reconciliation
Recorded September 30, 2021 (1.5 hours). Click here to view the recording.
On the inaugural National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, Bruce McIvor explains why reconciliation fails Indigenous People and what needs to be done to fix it.
Drawing on his experience as a lawyer and Indigenous rights advocate, Bruce discusses the historical and social forces that influence the development of Indigenous law in Canada and addresses the current shortcomings of Canada’s “reconciliation project”.
Bruce charts a practical, principled path based on respect, recognition and the implementation of Indigenous rights for all practitioners to create concrete and meaningful change.
Professional Development Accreditation:
- ADRIC Continuing Education & Engagement (CEE) points: 2 points/hour
- Law Society of British Columbia: 1.5 hours
- Law Society of Saskatchewan: 1.5 hours (including Ethics hours)
- Law Society of New Brunswick: 1.5 hours
- Accreditation pending from all Law Societies across Canada
Bruce McIvor Ph.D, First Peoples Law Full bio