- Develop a clear understanding of their own perceptions, biases, and attitudes and how they impact others in conflict resolution.
- Learn the dynamics of conflict and the challenges of entering into negotiations.
- Learn tools for active listening, effective communicating, and managing power imbalance and heightened emotion in individuals in conflict.
- Learn the six phases of the Understanding-Based Approach to assist parties reach creative, mutually satisfactory resolutions.
- Participate in role plays to practice new conflict resolution skills and techniques.
This course provides some of the educational requirements required for the Chartered Mediator (C.Med) and Qualified Mediator (Q.Med) designations – nationally recognized professional designations.