Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en Anglais Américain.
National Introductory Mediation Course
Developed by the ADR Institute of Canada, this comprehensive 40 hour program aims to prepare learners to effectively facilitate the Understanding-Based Approach to resolving disputes.
- Develop a clear understanding of their own perceptions, biases, and attitudes and how they impact others in conflict resolution.
- Learn the dynamics of conflict and the challenges of entering into negotiations.
- Learn tools for active listening, effective communicating, and managing power imbalance and heightened emotion in individuals in conflict.
- Learn the six phases of the Understanding-Based Approach to assist parties reach creative, mutually satisfactory resolutions.
- Participate in role plays to practice new conflict resolution skills and techniques.
This course provides some of the educational requirements required for the Chartered Mediator (C.Med) and Qualified Mediator (Q.Med) designations – nationally recognized professional designations.
Who should take this Course?
- Those interested to pursue a career in mediation
- Lawyers wishing to add mediation to their practice
- Arbitrators wishing to augment their ADR practice
- Human Resource Professionals
- Accountants, Educators, Project Managers, Team Leaders and anyone involved in situations where conflict may arise.
- Anyone interested in enhancing their conflict resolution skills
Where can I take this Course?
These courses are delivered in-person by some of our regional affiliates. To learn more and find the next course date, click on the affiliate in your region:
(If your affiliate is not listed above, they do not yet have a future course date planned.)