ADRIC Designations: Continuing Education & Engagement (CEE)
ADRIC’s Chartered and Qualified designations are nationally recognized levels of achievement signifying a practitioner meets specific professional criteria, keeps current in the field, and adheres to a professional Code of Ethics. Provincially and nationally, they represent both an achievement and a responsibility for the individual practitioner. They also reflect a conviction that the professional practices of mediation and arbitration can safeguard the interests of the parties and the general public.
As of January 1, 2021 all designated Arbitrators and Mediators are required to document their education and professional ADR engagement activities (we call it Continuing Education and Engagement – CEE) in the field and submit a report annually by December 31st. The Instructions below contain the points awarded for a comprehensive list of activities.
- Practitioners holding a Qualified designation are required to acquire 20 points annually.
- Practitioners holding a Chartered designation are required to acquire 33 points annually.
- Those holding both a Chartered and a Qualified designation are to remit the greater level of points: 33.
- Those with two or more designations are not required to submit two reports or to earn more or different points.
- NO fee is due with the report (the CEE reporting fee is now incorporated into the annual designations renewal fee due each January – members will receive a notice).
- Members who received their first and only designation in the current calendar year, would submit their first CEE report on December 31st of the next calendar year.
Annual CEE Reporting Instructions and Eligible Points
CEE Reporting Form (in WORD format)
CEE Reporting Form (in PDF format)
Send your completed CEE Reporting Form to: email@example.com
(Kindly include your full name in the file name and email subject line)
ADR Institute of Canada
Attention: Education Program Manager
234 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 407
Toronto, ON M4P 1K5
For general enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific questions regarding the CEE points document, please email Fordam Wara at email@example.com
(ADRIC previously required the CEE report every three years, but has changed to an annual system as per member requests. See the change announcement here.)