“Please circulate to ED and all the staff and the board. Good morning everyone,
I just wanted to pass along my thanks for the amazing way the ADRIC staff and volunteers have stepped up to continue to provide meaningful, professional and timely information and education for our members. The way in which everyone at ADRIC has met the challenge of COVID and embraced the livestream concept is inspiring. Along with the ongoing information through the journal and other means, ADRIC is truly providing a valued service to our members.
Thanks for all you do.” – Anne M. Wallace, Q.C., LL.B., C.Arb., C.Med., CTAJ, IMI Cert.
As a full member of any of our affiliates: ADRBC, ADRIA, ADRSK, ADRIM, ADRIO, IMAQ, ADRAI, you are a member of ADRIC which will allow you to benefit from many products, services and opportunities that will support and enhance your ADR practice! (If you reside outside of Canada, you may apply directly to ADRIC here.)
1. Full Profile Listing in ADR Connect Online Directory
Maximize your membership with a fully complete profile including areas of specialty, service areas, bio and resume allowing the public and corporate counsel to see what you can do for them, and providing ADRIC with the information required to be considered for its rosters.
2. Practice Standards and a Regulatory Framework
ADRIC is the largest and most respected organization of ADR professionals in Canada. Membership is a competitive advantage that sets you apart, enhances your credibility and professionalism. Be part of a national perspective and the combined strength of over 2,000 members across the country.
3. Visibility & Marketability
A free listing on ADR Connect, our online searchable database of ADR practitioners, used by the public and for ADRIC rosters and appointments; member logos to display on your website, business cards and online profiles to identify yourself as belonging to a reputable, national organization; recognition tweets for new designation recipients, posting on committees list, if participating; etc.
4. Negotiated Member Discounts
- Special ADRIC Professional Liability Insurance Program – excellent coverage at unparalleled rates
- Save hundreds of dollars on videoconferencing and webinar software with the ADRIC Zoom Group Plan
- Save on telephone conferencing (only 2.5¢/minute!) with Resolve Collaboration Services
- Discounts on the ADRIC Annual National Conference and events and training at any of ADRIC’s affiliates
- Discounts on Hotels in Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City. Click here for more information
5. National and International Professional Designations
We offer Chartered Mediator, Chartered Arbitrator, Qualified Mediator, Qualified Arbitrator and Chartered Med-Arb designations to our members. These designations are recognized nationally and internationally and signify to the public and to those referring clients, that an ADR practitioner has achieved a level of skill and experience. Professionals who have earned these designations stand above the crowd and enjoy a competitive advantage. For more information on these designations click here.
We also offer Opportunities for recognition from International Dispute Resolution organizations:
- IMI (International Mediation Institute) certification: ADRIC is a Qualifying Assessment Program (QAP) for the International Mediation Institute (“IMI”) Independent Standards Commission. As a QAP, ADRIC can grant IMI certification to individuals who apply for the IMI designation. https://www.imimediation.org/
6. ADRIC Special Group Insurance Programs:
Professional Liability Insurance Program with options to add on one any of the following:
- Commercial General Liability
- Cyber Liability
- DAS Legal Coverage
- Professional Property
- Extended Reporting Coverage (Tail Insurance)
And through TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, you have access to preferred coverage and discounts on Home and Auto Insurance.
7. Job and Roster Opportunities
- Access to the Job Board in the Member Resources area of the Member Portal with postings of current relevant work opportunities across the country, filed by closing dateReceive opportunities of particular interest via email
- Receive calls for rosters via email
8. Industry news, Publications and Resources
- Member News – a monthly e-newsletter containing work and roster opportunities, news, events, webinars, courses, articles of interest, etc
- Canadian Arbitration and Mediation Journal – sent twice/year containing insights and information on issues of central concern to ADR professionals
- ADR Perspectives – a quarterly newsletter for ADR end-users
Plus access to Member Resources via your Member Portal, to:
9. Industry Watch
ADRIC continues to monitor the industry and any potential for government regulation, and work with and assist Affiliates in dealing with changes.
10. National Committees
The opportunity to network, develop knowledge and work toward shared goals and rewards.
11. Opportunities to Have Your Work Published in our Prestigious Publications
How do I join?
Click on the logo below to the ADRIC regional affiliate in your area and complete a membership application. You’ll receive confirmation, a welcome and immediate access to all our benefits! If you reside outside of Canada, you may apply directly to ADRIC here.
|BC and Yukon
|AB and NWT
|ON and Anglophone Nunavut
|QC and Francophone Nunavut