Access to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes such as mediation and arbitration provides families, workplaces, businesses and communities with efficient and effective ways to resolve their disputes without the only recourse being the Courts and litigation.
The demand for ADR is growing in the justice system, in our personal and professional relationships, and in every sector of our economy.
ADRIC has spent the past year developing a new strategic plan. With that plan came a refreshed mission statement which also serves to reflect our goal for ADRIC 2019 conference attendees:
- Staying on the leading edge of ADR and best practices in Canada and the world
- Supporting the development of the ADR profession and professionals through information sharing, professional development initiatives, business supports and networking
- Being a Hub of information and resources to help people and organizations become aware of and learn about ADR and how it can help their families, business and organizations
- Assisting people and organizations to access the ADR professionals they need
- Collaborating with other organizations to influence the field of ADR and its effective use in both Canada and Internationally
Join us on November 20-22, 2019 for ADRIC’s 45th AGM and Conference in Victoria BC.
ADRIC 2019 is bringing together Canadians and organizations to provide attendees with inspiring, innovative and interactive plenary and poster presentations, keynotes, hands-on workshops, comprehensive panel discussions and great networking opportunities.
Keynote Luncheon Speakers:
David Eby, Q.C. Attorney General for British Columbia – Thursday November 21st
The Honourable Sheilah Martin, Supreme Court of Canada – Friday November 22nd
Who should attend?
ADRIC 2019 will provide sessions to inspire and advance the work of
- Med-Arb Practitioners
- Workplace Investigators
- Labour Relations Managers
- Conflict Coaches
- Collaborative Lawyers
- Parenting Coordinators
- ADR Trainers
- Restorative Justice Practitioners
- In-House Counsel
- Government Agencies
- Organizations that use ADR services
Customize your learning in four streams, be inspired by leading speakers and earn CPD. Stay on top of new and developing issues, gain insights and tools needed to face challenges, recognize your strengths and hone your skills. Build your network and interact with other professionals and users of ADR.
(may change slightly)
November 20, 2019
19:00 – Legislative Assembly Wine and Cheese
November 21, 2019
8:00am – Registration and Full Hot Breakfast
8:30 – Annual General Meeting
9:15 – Conference Opening & Welcome
9:30 – Concurrent Sessions
10:45 – Networking Break
11:15 – Concurrent Sessions
12:30 – Luncheon, Awards and Keynote Speaker
14:15 – Concurrent Sessions
15:45- Networking Break
16:00 – Concurrent Sessions
17:15 – Cocktail and Networking Reception
November 22, 2019
8:00 – Registration and Full Hot Breakfast
8:30 – Concurrent Sessions
10:00 – Networking Break
11:00 – Concurrent Sessions
12:00 – Luncheon and Keynote Speaker
13:15 – Concurrent Sessions
14:45- Networking Break
15:00 – Concurrent Sessions
16:15 – 16:45 – Closing Plenary and Coffee
We welcome your ideas on topics you would most want to attend for the Pre-Conference Workshops and Conference Sessions.
Do you have an interesting topic to present? Complete a Speaker Proposal.
Demonstrate your support and commitment to ADR and ADRIC with Conference Sponsorship!
- Valuable exposure to the “right” audience: your logo and/or name displayed in flyers, brochures, promotional email blasts and all other conference materials prior to the conference
- Electronic signage (rotating in numerous rooms and plenary) at the conference
- Speaking opportunities (silver, gold, platinum and diamond levels)
- Complimentary registration for you and/or your clients or colleagues
- Advance access to Registration List (of those who agree to be published)
- Exhibitor opportunities or placement of promotional materials
Scroll down to see our confirmed sponsors to date.
Top-tier sponsorships are time-sensitive and are determined on a first-come first-served basis. Contact us early for the best opportunities!
REGISTRATION – Will be open soon!
THE VENUE /ACCOMMODATIONS
This year’s Conference will be held at the superb Fairmont Empress Victoria.
Fairmont Empress Victoria
721 Government Street
Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 1W5
Toll Free (Room Reservations only): 1-800-257-7544
Tel + 1 250 384 8111
Special ADRIC group rate: $199/night (ends October 21st, 2019 or when block is used up – book early.)
To book your accommodation for the ADRIC Conference 2019, click here!
We are pleased to confirm the following transportation discounts:
Borden Ladner Gervais